Author Topic: HGUC Nu Gundam - Model Graphix color scheme  (Read 4015 times)

April 29, 2008, 04:13:05 AM
Read 4015 times

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
I didn't like the pastel colors on the original Nu Gundam color scheme, so I replaced the yellow/orange with Tamiya Gold. Decals are from MG Hi-Nu and MG Char's Zaku II/Gelgoog from Bandai.

http://bonkurasu.animeblogger.net/?p=101

April 29, 2008, 05:27:58 AM
Reply #1

walker

• always expect the maximum
  • Information
    • View Profile
That looks really nice. I think it counts as the first HGUC Nu I've seen modeled. The gold looks really good and I think goes along with the white and black a lot better than the standard yellow.

Also, I love the extremely elaborate decals of the mg hi-nu, even if they're far off what was in the original hi-nu design. Plus their silver flows better with the black white and gold than does the bright red of the originals.
By the way, say hi to Chris!

April 29, 2008, 09:27:28 AM
Reply #2

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
That looks really nice. I think it counts as the first HGUC Nu I've seen modeled. The gold looks really good and I think goes along with the white and black a lot better than the standard yellow.

Also, I love the extremely elaborate decals of the mg hi-nu, even if they're far off what was in the original hi-nu design. Plus their silver flows better with the black white and gold than does the bright red of the originals.
Thanks for your comment!

Yea, The decals went off unexpectedly well with the HGUC Nu Gundam. So did the Gold, bringing better contrast to the blue and white. My only digress was the back skirt armor decals; it made the back felt 'busy' with decal placements.

April 29, 2008, 01:45:08 PM
Reply #3

Titan-ex

• Information
    • View Profile
Looks good with Hi-Nu decals,I used MG Nu decal with my OOB build.
Did you dry brush the joints? What color?

April 30, 2008, 08:41:07 AM
Reply #4

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
Looks good with Hi-Nu decals,I used MG Nu decal with my OOB build.
Did you dry brush the joints? What color?

I sprayed Tamiya Silver Leaf first, before spraying on a few coats of Tamiya Smoke (clear black).

April 30, 2008, 02:49:18 PM
Reply #5

GlauG

• Information
  • Decepticon Ninja Consultant
    • View Profile
I have to say, I tend to swap gold for yellow on any mecha I paint unless the whole thing's meant to be yellow.  Looks good on your HGUC Nu. :D

May 04, 2008, 12:59:30 PM
Reply #6

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
GlauG:

Thanks! I too have the habit of replacing yellow for gold, unless there are many color contrasting parts to take note of in the kit, or that the gold looks awkward with the color scheme. Examples are Zeta Gundam and RX-78-2. I did the same (replacing yellow for gold color) for my MG Gundam Mk-II ver 2.0 almost 2 years back.  :lol: