Author Topic: NG 1/100 Gundam Exia  (Read 18010 times)

March 01, 2008, 03:50:56 AM
Reply #40

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
It looks fantastic Eric, still has a 00 feel but looks different nevertheless.
Keep up the great work!

March 01, 2008, 07:02:25 AM
Reply #41

Amalga

• iLurk
  • Information
    • View Profile
Alright. You just convinced me to order an Exia.

I've been geeking out all over your mods. They look absolutely fantastic and your most recent addition to the torso is just superb. I'm really enjoying watching this take shape!
The story of life is a long, brutal assault on your heart by the one who knows what you're capable of, and fears it--all the while pursued by the God who knows you deeply and loves you truly."

March 01, 2008, 12:30:36 PM
Reply #42

Cmdr Harabec

• Information
    • View Profile
Everything looks amazing so far, but I have one suggestion - the thruster you put on the backpack, maybe turn it upside down to match how the GN Drive's come out to a cone?

March 02, 2008, 02:56:13 AM
Reply #43

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Everything looks amazing so far, but I have one suggestion - the thruster you put on the backpack, maybe turn it upside down to match how the GN Drive's come out to a cone?

Er.... sorry... I haven't got chance to watch the anime....
so I really can't get what U mean here...  :unsure:

Anyway, thanx guys!!

March 02, 2008, 04:40:29 PM
Reply #44

Cmdr Harabec

• Information
    • View Profile
Ah, sorry. Well, allow me to elaborate briefly...

The Gundams in 00 utilize GN particles (think of them sort of like Minovsky) to move. They're emitted through a conical back portion usually, but some have smaller cone thrusters that emit them as well. The end result is an effect similiar to Minovsky Craft, rather than a standard thruster - there's not a true exhaust unless it pumps a lot of power into the GN drive, in which you see particles silhouetting the suits.

In short, they don't use actual thrusters, it's more like they will themselves to move through manipulation of GN particles.

March 03, 2008, 03:52:53 AM
Reply #45

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Ah, sorry. Well, allow me to elaborate briefly...

The Gundams in 00 utilize GN particles (think of them sort of like Minovsky) to move. They're emitted through a conical back portion usually, but some have smaller cone thrusters that emit them as well. The end result is an effect similiar to Minovsky Craft, rather than a standard thruster - there's not a true exhaust unless it pumps a lot of power into the GN drive, in which you see particles silhouetting the suits.

In short, they don't use actual thrusters, it's more like they will themselves to move through manipulation of GN particles.

AAHHH....... now I get what U mean.... sorry about the explaination...
My english was really bad...  :doh:

Yeah.. actually at first I also think of not using the thruster,
just want to make it look like some kind of "gravity controller" (or whatever...  :P)
But maybe like I mentioned before, I'm an old bird in U.C series...
without the thruster makes me feel like the Exia is not "POWER" enough.
That's why I decided to put in the thruster as well.

Oh well... maybe I better go try of something on it again.

Anyway, thanx for the tips!! Really appreciate.  :sarcasm:

March 03, 2008, 08:14:35 AM
Reply #46

Amalga

• iLurk
  • Information
    • View Profile
I doubt you'll have to make any drastic changes; your design looks good as it is. Cmdr Harabec had a good suggestion, though. Maybe keep the thruster, but build a cone around it that will still show the internals?

All you'll really have to do is remove the top covering (which looks amazing). I mean, no one really knows what the inside of a solar furnace looks like. :P
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 08:15:22 AM by Amalga »
The story of life is a long, brutal assault on your heart by the one who knows what you're capable of, and fears it--all the while pursued by the God who knows you deeply and loves you truly."

March 03, 2008, 01:57:07 PM
Reply #47

sentinel011

• Information
    • View Profile
Maybe adding a dual layer conical shaped for the tip, double the GN particle output? Rather than 1 turbine, make it 2 turbines, a bigger inner one and a smaller outer one for better mobility. I suggest scribing details on a Kotobukiya detail up part to make it appear like so.  :lol:

March 03, 2008, 03:34:46 PM
Reply #48

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
 :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

Now this is become much much more complicated.....  :wacko:

:lol:
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 03:35:56 PM by erix93 »

March 03, 2008, 10:24:48 PM
Reply #49

Deus EpS Machina

• Information
    • View Profile
Erix, your dilemma with the Exia not having actual thrusters...It just flies by manipulating gravity with its GN Drive. Note its not that fast either. In the series, the faster Gundams do use what would be classified as thrusters in the usual sense...theyre the yellow circular things you see here:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/DHM%20Mar%202008/File%204%20Gundam%20Plutone/Plutone_008.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/models/1201104725145.jpg

If youre going for a sort of hi-mobility type, thats your call but remember that these Gundams in Gundam 00 arent fast liek in past Gundam series.

Your design is great and it doesnt have to be a cone shape if you dont want it to be since there are flat GN Drives and ones that have exhaust/particle ducts built into them as well like:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/DHM%20Feb%202008/Astraea_8.jpg

or you could simply do as you wanted originally and not worry at all about how your custom unit will fit into Gundam 00's tech.
Hope that helps
« Last Edit: March 03, 2008, 10:26:08 PM by Deus EpS Machina »

March 03, 2008, 10:36:11 PM
Reply #50

Amalga

• iLurk
  • Information
    • View Profile
I agree. With the modifications he's chosen I believe that the current thruster design will work well regardless.

March 04, 2008, 08:44:11 AM
Reply #51

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Erix, your dilemma with the Exia not having actual thrusters...It just flies by manipulating gravity with its GN Drive. Note its not that fast either. In the series, the faster Gundams do use what would be classified as thrusters in the usual sense...theyre the yellow circular things you see here:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/DHM%20Mar%202008/File%204%20Gundam%20Plutone/Plutone_008.jpg
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/models/1201104725145.jpg

If youre going for a sort of hi-mobility type, thats your call but remember that these Gundams in Gundam 00 arent fast liek in past Gundam series.

Your design is great and it doesnt have to be a cone shape if you dont want it to be since there are flat GN Drives and ones that have exhaust/particle ducts built into them as well like:
http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y207/EpS_01/DHM%20Feb%202008/Astraea_8.jpg

or you could simply do as you wanted originally and not worry at all about how your custom unit will fit into Gundam 00's tech.
Hope that helps

HOLY!!!!!!!  :twitch: :twitch: :twitch:

Wow!!! I'm glad that willing to spend your time to show me all the links above,
very helpful to me!!!! Really appreciate.   :sarcasm:

I think I get what U guys mean here....

Hmmm..... well.... maybe I'll try to find somehing else suit the this 00 series... GN Driver.
Will go start dick all my spare parts again this week.

Amalga :
Will try my best to do it since every one here is so helpful.
Just dun put too high expectation on my Exia....  :P

March 05, 2008, 12:18:50 AM
Reply #52

dr_feelgood

• Information
    • View Profile
    • Mechaion Designs
ahahahahahaha! information overload! :lol:

well, as a modeler im still loving the modifications of your Exia. :-) cant wait for another update! ^_^

March 12, 2008, 08:17:55 AM
Reply #53

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
Here's a small update for this week....

More details WIP here:
http://www.ebasenet.com/progress-GundamExia_E7.htm

March 12, 2008, 12:27:53 PM
Reply #54

Amalga

• iLurk
  • Information
    • View Profile
I'm diggin' the gun.

The feet look really long, though. At least it seems that way when I try to imagine the rest of it.

March 12, 2008, 12:32:22 PM
Reply #55

nico

• Information
    • View Profile
Excellent. Love the feet  mods and the rifle as well. I'am eager to see the final result.

March 12, 2008, 12:34:46 PM
Reply #56

Marc

• Information
  • Le Moderator
    • View Profile
Oh god the feet...they are so...beautiful :twitch:

March 12, 2008, 02:31:01 PM
Reply #57

FichtenFoo

• Michael Fichtenmayer
  • Information
  • Administrator
  • 16 bits of fun
    • View Profile
    • FichtenFoo.com
Fantastic work Erix!

March 13, 2008, 04:06:59 AM
Reply #58

erix93

• Information
    • View Profile
I'm diggin' the gun.

The feet look really long, though. At least it seems that way when I try to imagine the rest of it.

Yeah... I feel the same way too... but.. just try something never do before...  :embarrased:

Master FF, Ezechiel & nico:
Thanx for the support guys, really appreciate  :sarcasm:

March 17, 2008, 03:35:07 PM
Reply #59

Strikr

• Information
    • View Profile
OMG this is amazing looking,  I love the subtle details you put into this, plus your WIP is very informative. Great stuff can't wait to see the finished product!!