Completed » Edmontosaurus

The Edmontosaurus kit and base are completed as my non-entry into our forum’s Creature Feature contest. Since the last update chronicled the painting of the dino, this final update/galley will focus on the groundwork. I took an unfinished round wooden jewelery box from Micheals and finished it with an Ebony…

Continue reading

Completed » Dagobah Diorama

Well, it’s finally all done. Only 5 months of off-and-on work so not too bad. Now I just need to figure out shipping via an art shipping firm and pray that it arrives safely. Here’s the final images:

Continue reading

In Progress » Dagobah Diorama » Seaweed

The diorama is in it’s final stages and almost complete. All I have left to do is to make some little crates like the ones Luke was floating around with the force right before he threw a hissy regarding the X-Wing being too heavy. Once the figures were completed I…

Continue reading

In Progress » Dagobah Diorama » Water and Leaf/Ground Litter

This week I’ve been working on the ground litter and finishing up the base water. The ripples on the large body of water are made by applying Liquitex Acrylic Gloss Gel Medium with my fingers to create the peaks and ripples. Finer ripples under the X-Wing were made with a…

Continue reading

In Progress » Dagobah Diorama » Moss Done and Water Woes

Just wanted to post up a few images of the progress so far. I’ve finished the muck-moss and have been pouring water the past few days. The resin water stinks BAD so it’s bee slow going since I can’t be in my workshop much with the chemical stench and loud…

Continue reading

In Progress » Dagobah Diorama » Spanish Moss and First Water Steps

Progress has been slow, but that’s probably because I’ve been putting a few steps off until I figured them out.  Now that I have it’s time to move forward to start finishing this up. First I gave the trees an additional spraying of very thin olive green then some clear…

Continue reading