In Progress » Remora Pair » Remoras and Bridge

Sorry for the update delay, but the holidays and getting the Remoras shipped out took a good bit of time. Now that they’re here and shipped I’ve started on this pair. The clean-up went smooth enough… typical sanding and whatnot.Working with the photoetch and starting to pin it all together…

Continue reading

In Progress » Remora Pair » Basework

(photo found on Flickr in Industrial Decay Network group) I decided to do a section of bridge over some water for the base of my Remora. The Remora will be floating above the bridge, moored to a tower similar to what’s shown in the image. The mooring point will be…

Continue reading

In Progress » Fish Sub » Sealife Encrustation

Once the plaster had dried for the paddlewheel, it was time to start the sand and sea-life. I molded the rippled sand on the base using Ave’s Apoxie sculpt. Ripples were added with various sculpting tools. The warm neutral color of the dried Ave’s was a perfect base for the…

Continue reading

In Progress » Fish Sub » Paddlewheel Part 2

I finished gluing the components of the paddlewheel together the other day using CA gel. It makes for a very interesting set-piece for the sub I think and was pretty fun to make. The difficult part was alignment which was made easier by taping everything onto my print-out and using…

Continue reading

In Progress » UC-Hardgraph M61A5 Main Battle Tank » Setting Up The Diorama

The scene is continuing to take shape. Since the last update I’ve completed the tank and assembling the figures I’ll be using. I’ve also assembled the UC Hardgraph Gundam Arm and will be resting in the wall of the abandoned/destroyed factory. While putting the scene together it hit me that…

Continue reading

Completed » Falke Antigravity Raider

The 1/20 Scale Falke from Hasegawa is completed. Overall a very fun build without any major problems. Parts fit was great and painting/weathering went smoothly. The base was fun as well. So nice to work with Celluclay at this scale rather than the large base for Dagobah. I used plaster…

Continue reading