Completed » Prof. FichtenFoo’s Implausible Long-Nose Submersible

It occurred to me that while I’ve taken this finished example of my second Fish-Shaped Submerible (Buy The Kit Here) to several shows to display on my Industria Mechanika sales table, I’ve never taken actual final images of it. Silly me! I completed this piece back in 2013. This one…

Continue reading

In Progress » Prof. FichtenFoo’s Implausible Long-Nose Submersible » More Brass & Tarnish »

Moving right along, I painted all of the little details that needed done by hand. As you can see above, I tacked most of the kit together temporarily for photos. Here is the Long-Nose shown with my original Fantastical Fish-Shaped Submersible build for size reference. Now onto the dreaded weathering.…

Continue reading

In Progress » Prof. FichtenFoo’s Implausible Long-Nose Submersible » Brass & Tarnish

Moving right along, I’ve been working on the brass paint and base-tarnish/panel definitions. I’m painting this similar to the real Longnose Butterfly fish that it’s design is based on, but in bare metal tones. I use a multi-stepped process for this brass finish and as usual with bare metal, it…

Continue reading

In Progress » Prof. FichtenFoo’s Implausible Long-Nose Submersible

My new steampunk Fish Sub model kit is about to start shipping for those that preordered it, but meanwhile, the caster sent me my advance copy to start building up. I did my last sub design in copper, but this one is begging for brass since the real fish I…

Continue reading

Creating Copper Finishes

This is going to be a long one… I’ve been thinking a lot about copper finishes lately for my Steampunk Fish-Shaped Submersible product. While considering how to achieve the look I wanted I realized that I have a LOT of copper products. Not sure why… maybe I’m looking for the…

Continue reading

In Progress » Shadow of the Minotaur » Grass is Always Greener

Still adding grass as you can see. Been a little busy with a garage sale last weekend  (thank goodness THAT’s over!!!!) so this has been slow going. You can see that I’m adding clumps of the Jute grass and teasing it around while the glue is still wet so that…

Continue reading