Creating Copper Finishes

This is going to be a long one… I’ve been thinking a lot about copper finishes lately for my Steampunk Fish-Shaped Submersible product. While considering how to achieve the look I wanted I realized that I have a LOT of copper products. Not sure why… maybe I’m looking for the…

Continue reading

Completed » Panzerkampfwandern 38t(x)

I applied the pigments the other day and made a new base so this build is done! The other base was not wide enough so a new one was required… the 38t(x) has a leg-span of about 6″ and the old base was done on a 4″ box. Doh! The…

Continue reading

In Progress » Panzerkampfwandern 38t(x) » Sample Painting pt. 3 Plus Base

I skipped over a few steps with the photography, but I can describe them here. When I left off it was time for additional modulation, but this time with oils. Using 502 Abteilung oil paint I highlighted and darkened areas to give them more depth. The colors I used for…

Continue reading

In Progress » Panzerkampfwandern 38t(x) » Sample Painting pt. 2 »

Continuing with where I left off, I applied some liquid mask over the decals then I applied a coat of hairspray to all of the gray parts and let that dry. Over that I sprayed Tamiya Buff, then used a lightened Buff to do some light modulation/gradation. After a few…

Continue reading

In Progress » Panzerkampfwandern 38t(x) » Sample Painting »

“Not back on it, still on it.”  I got my first sample of the 38t(x) from Mig Productions a few days ago to work up for the box art. It’s been a while since I’ve thought about this project so seeing it in this state was pretty exciting. The casting…

Continue reading