Completed » Frankenstein

Yesterday my laser-cut foliage (thanks to Jason Eaton) arrived and I immediately set everything else aside to finish Adrian Smith’s Frankenstein up. Like the other plants, I sponged acrylics onto both sides of the paper and embossed them with dental tools. For the daisies, I used stretched sprue for the…

Continue reading

In Progress » Adrian Smith’s Frankenstein by Industria Mechanika » Sprue and Paper

It’s amazing what you can do with some old green sprue and paper scraps. I’m waiting on some laser-cut plants to finish this up, but meanwhile I’ve been making some saplings and such. For these I first stretches some green sprue over a flame, then used the portions near the…

Continue reading

In Progress » Adrian Smith’s Frankenstein by Industria Mechanika » Littered

I love doing groundwork and scenery. Of course I love modeling in general, but this is one of the areas where experimentation and ingenuity really pays off. Case in point, leaf litter, moss, and fallen leaves. First up, the leaf litter. This is basically plain dead leaves that I scavenged…

Continue reading

Completed » Edmontosaurus

The Edmontosaurus kit and base are completed as my non-entry into our forum’s Creature Feature contest. Since the last update chronicled the painting of the dino, this final update/galley will focus on the groundwork. I took an unfinished round wooden jewelery box from Micheals and finished it with an Ebony…

Continue reading