In-Progress » The Centurion 1/4 Scale Bust » More Alien Insect Paint

More progress on the first Centurion. I mottled thin black around edges and over everything really to shade and pattern as I planned. This took hours as it’s basically scribbling with thin lines from the airbrush. After the black, I added some white spots to the side of the head,…

Continue reading

In-Progress » The Centurion 1/4 Scale Bust » Paint and Texture

First-up, I finished up the hollowing of the busts and made a video tutorial showing the ease and what some have described as my apparent insanity while taking a large drill to the kit… on purpose. Whatever works though! Once the drilling and clean-up was done on both pieces, I…

Continue reading

Completed » Edmontosaurus

The Edmontosaurus kit and base are completed as my non-entry into our forum’s Creature Feature contest. Since the last update chronicled the painting of the dino, this final update/galley will focus on the groundwork. I took an unfinished round wooden jewelery box from Micheals and finished it with an Ebony…

Continue reading

In Progress » 1/20 Edmontosaurus » Paint

Despite some setbacks, the Edmontosaurus is just about done. My initial basecoat had melted away causing me to have to strip and reprime it. I had originally primed it with Duplicolor Self-Etching Primer then basecoated with Krylon Ivory. This looked great until my next step. I had applied a thick…

Continue reading