Michael T. Fichtenmayer
Skills Summary »
Innovative web and multimedia user interface design, utilizing Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Dreamweaver, Macromedia Flash, and Microsoft FrontPage.
Excellent cartooning and illustration skills in a variety of media including: marker, watercolors, pencil, ink, and computer-based drawing applications such as Adobe Illustrator, Macromedia Flash, and Macromedia Freehand.
Website Design: Adobe PhotoShop, Macromedia Shockwave Flash 4, CorelDraw!, Macromedia Dreamweaver Ultradev, Microsoft FrontPage 2000, Microsoft Visual Interdev, SQL Server, and Microsoft Access
Illustration: Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Flash, and Macromedia Freehand
Desktop Publishing: Adobe PageMaker, and Quark XPress
Operating Systems: Windows and Macintosh
The Art Institute of Pittsburgh
Associate Degree in Specialized Technology/ Visual Communications, June 1994
Ringgold High School
Diploma, June 1992
Freelance Web Designer
October 2003 to Present
- New website designs and redesigns for a variety of clients.
- Meeting and exceeding client expectations on designs and deadlines
- Update websites for current clients on a regular basis
Pittsburgh Technical Institute
October 2002 to October 2003
1111 McKee Road, Oakdale, PA 15071
- Teaching students fundamentals of web design, digital imaging, and creative thinking processes
- Managing four daily classes of 20-30 students
- Creating and updating curriculum to suit student’s needs and learning styles
- Grading and assessing student created work
- Managing clients for industry-led projects
- Managing projects tasks and client meetings for industry-led projects.
April 1998 to Present
942 Guyasuta Lane, Pittsburgh, PA 15215
- Freelance web design for new clients
- Updated websites for current clients
Five Star Development Inc.
July 1998 to June 2002
1204 Fifth Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15219
- Created websites for new and current clients
- Designed and programmed database driven websites for clients
- Updated existing websites for clients
- Designed graphics and interfaces for internet and CD-ROM based training
- Trained co-workers in multiple departments on the use of various web and design tools
- Lead graphic designer on multiple projects
- Managed graphic designers within my project teams
July 1997 to August 1999
2820 Smallman Street, Pittsburgh, PA 15222
- Designed websites for new clients
- Updated and programmed websites for current clients
- Utilized Webcatalog for online ordering
Diskriter Communications Inc.
Aug 1997 to Sept 1997
505 McNeilly Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15226
- Freelanced web design work for Diskriter and their clients.
June 1996 to March 1997
289 Great Road, Acton, MA 01720
- Designed website and gif animation for BBL Advertising and their clients
Nov 1994 to May 1997
One North Shore Center, Pittsburgh, PA 15212
- Designed web graphics for online catalogs, newsletters, and business centers
- Trained employees in other departments in the use of desktop publishing software
- Layout and design for the Industry.Net Report, 16 regional reports published every three weeks
- Created graphs, charts, forms, illustrations, and logos