In Progress » Adrian Smith’s Frankenstein by Industria Mechanika » FrankenPrimer
Continuing with the Frankenstein, I first primed all of the parts with Duplicolor self-etching primer (olive green) then with Duplicolor white sandable primer. I figure that the somewhat dead/decayed flesh is a good place to start so I first airbrushed a gray-brown from the bottom-up to add the shadows, then got in closer in some of the indents where that couldn’t reach. Then I mixed a pale green-gray with some flesh tone (All Tamiya Acrylics BTW), over-thinned it and covered the beastie all over, but not so thick that the shading disappeared. Next I added some white to the mix and sprayed from the top down for highlights, again focusing on certain areas. After that I mottled on some brown-gray, blues and reds mixed with satin Future Floor Acrylic to make it more transparent. I think I got the look I was going for. Dead pale flesh with a little blood starting to run back through it. Camera doesn’t show it right… Just the one pic today. More soon! I’ll be touching up the flesh with oil paint next.